Friday, June 19, 2009

Leah's Bad Day

We always knew that Leah was going to be our first child to send us to the ER or urgent care and that finally happened this week.

Leah was playing in the backyard and she tripped and fell face first into the rocks. I immediately picked her up and she had a few scrapes on her face and I didn't think it was that bad until I saw a small shadow in the corner of her eye. At first I thought it really was just a shadow and then I realized, as it got bigger, that her eye was filling with blood. We rushed her to urgent care where they checked her out and said that they didn't see any serious damage but they referred us to an opthalmologist so they could check to be sure. We took her the next morning where they dilated her pupils to make sure there was no permanent damage. They said she was very lucky that she didn't have more serious damage. They diagnosed her with a sub conjunctival hemorrhage and told us that it would heal within two weeks. They said it looks a lot worse than it actually is but it still looks terrible. Poor baby!

2 comments:

Amy Legler said...

Oh how scary!! I would have been freaking out! I'm glad she is okay! Poor Leah!

Kristi said...

I would definitely call that a bad day. I would have never imagined a child's eye could fill with blood. Crazy!!